Info re COVID-19 - Restrictions, Rules, Cases, Testing, Vaccination, Legal Issues, Apps
If you have cold or flu like symptoms, such as a cough, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath or runny nose, even if these are mild, you should get tested for COVID-19 ASAP and stay at home until you receive a negative result. Please do not attend a medical service without ringing ahead to ensure appropriate COVID-safe arrangements can be made.
Testing at public COVID-19 clinics is free, quick and easy. No Medicare card is required. Most people in NSW receive their test results within 24 hours.
Restrictions & Rules
- Public Health Orders & Restrictions - the Minister for Health and Medical Research has made a number of Orders, under section 7 of the Public Health Act 2010
- Australian Goverment Department of Health Coronavirus (COVID-19) current situation and case numbers - in Australia and across the world
- Macquarie Newsletter 4 Sep 2021 (PDF) - Susan Templeman MP, Federal Member for Macquarie
- On-the-Spot Fines - COVID-19. Your Review RIghts and Payment - Redfern Legal Centre
You can get advice about appealing a COVID-19 fine from:
- Your local community legal centre:
- Redfern Legal Centre:
- Legal Aid - contact through Law Access on 1300 888 529.