Protecting Animals in Bushfires Workshop
- 31 Oct 2020
Last summer, Australia was devastated by bushfires. Tragically, more than 15,000 fires burned through 19 million hectares and three billion animals were killed, injured or displaced.
World Animal Protection invites you to the Protecting Animals in Bushfires workshop in the Blue Mountains.
In this session, you will hear from experts in local government, emergency response and planning, research, rescue and animal treatment. You will learn about:
- emergency response and planning in the Blue Mountains to help protect animals in future bushfires;
- the steps you can take if you come across injured wildlife;
- how you can include your pets in a disaster plan to help keep them safe;
- how emergency responders, agencies and the community can best work together in a disaster;
- where to learn more and how to get further involved in protecting animals.
Spots are limited to 80 attendees so please register: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/workshop-protecting-animals-in-bushfires-registration-122354606923
Date And Time
Sat., 31 October 2020
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm AEDT
Phillips Hall, Blackheath Area Neighbourhood Centre
41 Gardiner Crescent
Blackheath, NSW 2785
Note: due to COVID restrictions, participant numbers are limited, contact details will be collected and a COVID safe plan is in place.