Info re COVID-19 - Restrictions, Rules, Cases, Testing, Vaccination, Legal Issues, Apps
If you have cold or flu like symptoms, such as a cough, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath or runny nose, even if these are mild, you should get tested for COVID-19 ASAP and stay at home until you receive a negative result. Please do not attend a medical service without ringing ahead to ensure appropriate COVID-safe arrangements can be made.
Testing at public COVID-19 clinics is free, quick and easy. No Medicare card is required. Most people in NSW receive their test results within 24 hours.
Restrictions & Rules
- Public Health Orders & Restrictions - the Minister for Health and Medical Research has made a number of Orders, under section 7 of the Public Health Act 2010
- Greater Sydney - includes the Blue Mountains & Wollongong
- Local Government Areas of Concern
- Regional & Rural NSW
- Authorised Workers - list of workers authorised to travel outside their local government areas of concern if they are required to leave home for work, rules for leaving your LGA, travel registration requirements
- Nominated Visitor Registration - people who live alone in 1 of the local government areas of concern will need to register their nominated person (‘singles bubble’ visitor)
- Australian Goverment Department of Health Coronavirus (COVID-19) current situation and case numbers - in Australia and across the world
- About the vaccines
- Priority groupsPriority groups
- Who can get a vaccine now
- Advice for recovering COVID-19 cases
- Vaccination booking for 12 to 15 years old
- Vaccination booking for people aged 16 to 59
- COVID-19 vaccination for workers - some workers are required to have a COVID-19 vaccination before they can continue to work
- Book your COVID-19 vaccination appointment
- Macquarie Newsletter 4 Sep 2021 (PDF) - Susan Templeman MP, Federal Member for Macquarie
- Blue Mountains City Council Community Safety Coronavirus (COVID-19) - service delivery arrangements, updates, closures, etc.
- Lockdown Laws: COVID-19 Rules and Polic Powers in NSW - Redfern Legal Centre
- On-the-Spot Fines - COVID-19. Your Review RIghts and Payment - Redfern Legal Centre
You can get advice about appealing a COVID-19 fine from:
- Your local community legal centre:
- Redfern Legal Centre:
- Legal Aid - contact through Law Access on 1300 888 529.