Plan for, retrofit and rebuild homes to suit our changing climate
- 20 May 2021
Renew has launched the Green Rebuild Toolkit (http://greenrebuildtoolkit.com/) a set of online resources, articles, and information to assist fire-affected communities to plan for, retrofit and rebuild their homes to suit our changing climate. As publishers of both Renew and Sanctuary magazine, Renew draws on over forty years of experience in this sector as well as an extensive network of technical experts, architects and designers.
The webinars will feature experts in the field speaking alongside homeowners who have already rebuilt after fire. There will also be the opportunity for people to connect with architects, designers, and bushfire safety experts in a July series of tailored 'Speed Date a Sustainability Expert' events, and one-on-one consults for those needing further advice. All events and support are free thanks to GlobalGiving.
The topics and dates for the webinars are as follows:
- Rebuild first steps | Tuesday 1 June 6-7.30pm
- Designing & building for bushfire & climate resilience | Wednesday 2 June 6-7.30pm
- Materials & construction for bushfire & climate resilience | Thursday 3 June 6-7.30pm
- Home energy setups for bushfire zones & climate resilience | Tuesday 8 June 6-7.30pm
- Water storage & fire-resistant landscaping | Wednesday 9 June 6-7.30pm
- Retrofitting for fire resistance | Thursday 10 June 6-7.30pm